Tooth decay occurs from plaque buildup. Bad habits from what we eat and drink can easily lead to plaque buildup. It’s important to always take note of what we eat and drink, and how much. Some foods are worse than others. Do you eat or drink anything that may be leading you down the path to bad oral hygiene? Test yourself with the following questions to see how you rank:
– Do you ever chew on ice cubes?
– Do you ever chew on pens, pencils, or other objects?
– Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?
– Do you have a tongue piercing?
– Are you a binge eater?
– Do you play contact sports without a mouth guard?
– Do you drink sports drinks or processed juices?
– Do you ever chew on hard candy?
– Do you ever open things with your teeth?
– Do you ever have snacks in between meals?
If you answered yes to any of the above 10 questions, your habits are damaging your teeth.
If you answered no to all 10 questions, congratulations! You are on the right track to oral hygiene superstardom!
Avoid the slide into tooth decay by avoiding bad habits. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your teeth, please make an appointment by contacting our wonderful team at Mark S. Jensen DDS & Associates via phone at 913-553-3046. You can also stop by our office in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. Our dentists are here to help. For a brighter, whiter, and healthier smile, call us today!