Crowns are permanent coverings to fit over a decayed, damaged or cracked tooth. A custom crown will be created to restore the function and beautiful look of your smile. This kind of restoration entirely encases the damaged tooth, starting at the gum line, to restore the tooth to its optimal shape, size and strength. Crowns can be formed from a variety of different materials, including porcelain and resin, for a natural color and look.
We may suggest a dental crown in Shawnee Mission, Kansas, to improve your smile by:
- Strengthening a cracked or otherwise weakened tooth
- Repairing a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Covering and enhancing the appearance of a darkened or stained tooth
- Completing a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Attaching and anchoring a dental bridge
- Improving the appearance and functionality of an irregularly shaped tooth
Our dentist and his skilled team can create and place your custom crown in just two office visits. When finished, your crown will revitalize your oral health and the beauty of your smile. Our knowledgeable staff at Dr. Jensen’s practice will be happy to answer your questions about whether dental crowns are right for you. Call Shawnee Village Dental today at 913-384-0600 to learn more!